- Recipient of the 2007 Saul Hayes Human Dignity Award from the Canadian Jewish Congress for distinguished service to the cause of human rights. Prior recipients include John Humphrey, Irwin Cotler, Justice John Laskin, Edgar Bronfman, and the following recipient was Stephen Harper
- Law Society of Upper Canada and B’nai Brith League for Human Rights
Certificate of Appreciation (2005)
“For your tireless efforts to counter hate and discrimination in Canada”
- Paul Harris Fellow (Rotary Canada) in recognition of exceptional commitment to public service and building stronger communities.
- Charles Clark Memorial Award for scholarship and demonstrated commitment to ethical conduct and community service.
- Selected “Funniest Candidate” in Basic Officer Training by course Warrant Officer